Today I tackled three more of the raised beds. One had overgrown asparagus in which was pretty easy to deal with – I pulled off the large, feathery tops and stripped off the black plastic which had been covering the bed. I found the largest slug in the world when I did this.
The second raised bed seemed to be empty save for some horse’s tail and other generic dead things which I dug out. I’d been told I should touch the horse’s tail but I was impatient and tried to dig it all out by the roots. I’ve since googled and found out that’s just about the worst thing you can do.
Finally, I ventured over the the left hand side of the plot and found two narrow wooden beds which had been used for strawberry plants. I don’t really know what I’ll put in this one as it’s quite narrow.