I know I won’t really be able to start growing anything on the allotment for a few months yet but I’ve started thinking about what I might grow.
I’m trying to choose veg which are:
- Things we like to eat
- Things that are hard to find in the shops
- A few choices which are easy to grow and will result in lots of veg
- Some things I’ve grown before
The list so far is:
- Runner beans (easy to grow, should give lots of beans)
- Kale (apparently very hardy)
- Nasturtiums (for colour, and can be added to salads)
- Broad beans (because I bought some Aquadulce Claudia seeds, which are meant to be so hardy they can be planted in November for an early harvest)
- Chillis (grew some indoors this year with moderate success)
- Rainbow chard (pretty)
- Asparagus (because there’s some already on the plot)
I’ve also started doing some little plans of what might go where in the plot:
Do you have any suggestions for things I should try to grow?