I’ve reached an annoying stage of the allotment clearing where progress doesn’t seem as fast as it was when I started. There’s a huge pile of weeds to burn and rubbish to either put in a skip or cart to the dump, and it doesn’t feel like things will start to look at lot better any time soon.
So to cheer me up, here’s a before and after of the progress so far.
Here’s the plot when I started.
And here it is three weeks and nine visits later. Each visit’s been between an hour and three hours in length, so no full days and just a small amount of progress at a time.
Not only is it sunnier in the second photo but it does look loads better. You can see raised beds, there’s no abandoned mattress any more and the pathways are nearly clear. Next tasks are burning the bindweed roots and digging over the beds again to get rid of any that are left. I also want to plant some garlic before Christmas and see how it does against the weeds that are bound to reappear in the spring.